Volunteer positions currently needed:
Beaver Assistant Leaders
Cub Assistant Leaders
Venturer Assistant Leader
Also accepting applications for:
Scout Assistant Leaders
Fundraising Committee Members
Camp Volunteers (all seasons)
Steps to Become a Volunteer
- Fill out Volunteer Application FormAdult Registration Form Includes requirement for 5 references
- Obtain Criminal Record Check (also known as a PRC) Winnipeg Police Service Background Check Service
- Schedule interview with Group Council See our contact page for information on our Group Commissioner and other Council members’ contact information. Submit your forms and request an interview. You can arrange to drop your forms off at a section meeting.
- Obtain 163rd Winnipeg Group Volunteer Kit At this point you are ready to start meeting with group council and your section leaders.
- Obtain Woodbadge 1 training, Child & Youth Safety Training and Accessibility Training included. This training can be done online, or in person. See links below.
Now you are ready to work with the kids! Welcome aboard.