Volunteer positions currently needed:
Beaver Section Scouters
Cub Section Scouters
Scout Section Scouters
Venturer Section Scouters
Also accepting applications for:
- Fundraising Committee Members (Scouts Popcorn admin annually Sept through November)
- Camp Volunteers (all seasons)
- Group Committee Roles
Steps to Become a Red Shirt Scouter
- Online Registration at myscouts.ca.
- Obtain Woodbadge 1 training, Child & Youth Safety Training and Accessibility Training included. This training can be done online, or in person. See links below.
- Obtain Criminal Record Check (also known as a PRC) Winnipeg Police Service Background Check Service
- Schedule interview with Group Committee. See our contact page for information on our Group Commissioner and other Council members’ contact information. Request an interview or ask us questions.
- Obtain 163rd Winnipeg Group Volunteer Kit At this point you are ready to start meeting with group council and your section leaders.
Now you are ready to work with the kids! Welcome aboard.
Parent volunteers are also always appreciated . These volunteers do not count towards our youth/scouter ratio, but are able to support successful programming by presenting material, organizing activities, and lending a helping hand This involved Contact our Group Commissioner if you are interested in becoming involved as a volunteer.